Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is it True??
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I heard that the new 2013 model ProAngler14 was going to have 3 new additions...1st being the Vantage seat...2nd being the rectanglular flush center hatch...3rd being a setup installed and ready for an anchor trolly...

Is it true that all 3 additions will be on the new model? I also heard that the price was going up quite a bit. Can anyone tell me if everything I've heard is true, and what the price before tax is going to be?

I already have the 2009 model that I've made alot of additions to and am quite satisfied, but the new seat and flush hatch would make me consider trading up if the price of the 2013 PA14 is not too high...

Post subject: Re: Is it True??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Pics are up on the Hobie site under PA photos.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Note that the side rails have also been pulled back (shortened) just as on the PA12. Chalk up a loss in convenient space for mounting rod holders (for those of us that prefer them in that location).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Wow...Pics look great :D ...But what was the thought in shortening the side rails? Was it because of the steering lever placement? From the pics, it seems awkward that you'll have to reach over the arm rest to reach the steering lever...Everything else looks great :D ...I love the new flush center hatch. Has anyone confirmed if an old style bucket like what went in the older PA's center hatch will be available?

I hate to bring up the sore subject :x ...BUT...With the frequent course adjustments required by the PA, it seems that it will be uncomfortable for your steering arm to have to lay over the seat's arm rest to reach down to the steering lever, unless...you can reach under the seat's arm rest...

Can anyone with a PA12 tell me whether or not the steering location is difficult or awkward to reach?...And if so...How is it to pedal longer distances (miles) while having to lean with your arm positioned over the seat's arm rest?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:26 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

YakFish, I really don't notice the arm rails when using the rudder control. I usually keep my seat in the high position and that might make a difference compared to the low position???? I don't think I find myself "leaning" over to use the rudder control.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

islandspeed2001 wrote:
YakFish, I really don't notice the arm rails when using the rudder control. I usually keep my seat in the high position and that might make a difference compared to the low position???? I don't think I find myself "leaning" over to use the rudder control.

OK...Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:19 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Also looks like the rounded 'steps' for the horizontal rod holders that hold your fishing rods in-line with the rod tubes and keeping them from getting tangled have been removed. I would be interested in knowing how that change effects rod storage convenience.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Here is a link to the new PA 14:
http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaks/mirage/pro-angler/