Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I've never purchased a Hobie brand new so I'm not familiar with how reliable of information is as to when they're actually shipped. Anyone purchase the 2017, 2018 new? I've heard September, and then pretty much a guessing game between mid-month...end month.. and depending on where. Delaware says they'll probably get the first East coast ones but I'm in the panhandle of Florida...

I couldn't find anything on the forums about this in previous years.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

A - Your dealer needs to place an order.
B - The product has to be available for shipment. Lots of other dealers in the queue.
C - The order gets planned with other dealers orders on a truck. That can take some time to build a truck load on a route that makes sense.
D - We also supply World Wide... Lots of dealers.

Best to ask your dealer.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I purchased a 2018 Rev 13 last August or September (about a week or so after the 2018 were released for ordering). I purchased from ACK. From the time I purchased to the time it was delivered was 5 or 6 weeks as I recall. I think they said something about delays from Hobie. As it turned out in my case it didn't matter because it sat on saw horses at my house until this August, almost a year to the day that I purchased it, before I could find the time to actually use it. It kinda sucks that I am so busy. I hope to use it tomorrow for the third time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We are anxiously waiting! :D
I look forward to owning my first Hobie and the Outback just so cool.
Maybe ready for fall fishing season just before winter and will be mild here in DMV( DC-MD-VA)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

That certainly is a long wait before using!

Here in Florida, to me, kayak season is just starting as I barely use it in the hottest summer months. Even all winter long we may get a warm few days where you can take a nice ride.

This'll be my first NEW Hobie...which I normally wouldn't do but everything about the new Outback was exactly everything I wanted.
Between the new specs of the 2018 Compass and things I liked about the outback, the 2019 transcended it all.

I ordered through a place that normally gets them in quick for the East coast, so i'm guessing the earliest would be 1-2 weeks from now plus another for shipping. Just didn't know the routine for those who order new ones more frequently.