Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Revolution 16
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thinking about buying a Revo 16 and was wondering if anyone (Matt) (Roadrunner) knows if there will be a revamped 16 coming out in 2020 ? Also what year did the Revolution start being made with the dagger slot in the hull near the mirage drive ?
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Revolution 16
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

The Revo 16 was originally the Adventure 16 ... which the Adventure Island was built from. When we changed the Adventure Island hull in 2015... we kept the older hull and re-branded it as Revo 16. It has always had the dagger slot since the Adventure Island started.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:38 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thank you Matt.
I wasn’t sure when the Revo came with a dagger slot. My Revo 13 did not have one, no surprise there. So many of the photos of the Revo 16 on Etailers websites do not show the dagger slot so I was wondering about it.
Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:51 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Hi Kep. It's an original feature since the boat was introduced in 2006. This is the fastest, smoothest riding, most weather-versatile single kayak that Hobie has made to date. It would be hard to improve on the hull design. For inland sailing, I personally like the Revo 13 just as much, although the 16 is a little faster; but I prefer the other qualities of the 16, especially in wind and chop. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I’m looking to buy a revo 16 for the same reasons Roadrunner mentioned, speed and sailing in a car top platform. I’ve been trying to figure out where to buy one locally and no one carries the Revo 16. Going online is there any E-Tailers that you or Matt would recommend ? All the local Hobie dealers seem to just sell fishing kayaks. I gave my Revo 13 to a friend of mine that I fish with because he can’t afford one and his shoulder injury kept him off the water last year with his paddle kayak. I just bought the new Outback a couple weeks ago and it’s much better for fishing so now I’m after the 16 for sailing, and a little fishing here and there, but mainly for touring and sailing. Can anyone recommend a California Hobie dealer that stocks the 16 ? ( Matt, Roadrunner) (Yes I’m very aware of the A.I. but I’m looking to car top, no trailer)
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:26 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

makes a decent paddler too with a few mods. My old 2006 adventure has now been converted to an exercise paddler, with addition of a decent foot rest bar, and mini skegs, You need to learn proper paddle control skills when only using rudder in a skeg mode as its hand operated.

Dont know why folks seem wary of the 16 which is closer to being a kayak that just a pedal boat.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:04 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ok , I’ve ordered my Revo 16 so it’s on the way. It’s going to be my long distance touring fishing sailing yak. I’ve ordered from 2 different dealers because one did not have the Revo 16 sea grass in stock and quoted me a delivery time of 6 weeks minimum. That puts the boat at least 2 months out before it sees water. Can Hobie dealers order one boat at a time or do they have to wait for a minimum order size / quantity such as 5 boats with a pile of accessories ? Seems like it would should not take 6 to 8 weeks to get one kayak into the store ! I should have mine next week and will start rigging it up. Does anyone know if the Hobie Heavy Duty Cart will accept the grey pneumatic wheels for sandy launches ? Most of the places I go locally have easy concrete ramps but there are several that have sandy launches where the heavy duty cart will not work. Thanks in advance !