Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I ordered my Compass Duo in mid-January 2021. My dealer in Calgary is never forthcoming with information, so I have to keep asking. He says that it is "likely" to arrive at the end of August. That's over 8 months. I'll miss a whole season of kayaking, even though I ordered well before he season starts.

Has anybody ordered a Compass Duo after mid-January and actually received the Kayak, or are you all getting the same story?

My dealer says he kept complaining to Hobie about delays, so they sent him two "Demo" Kayaks, including a Compass Solo. He plans to sell them brand new, rather than use them as demos. It's really galling to think that he would get Kayaks that he hadn't ordered in advance because he complains about delivery delays in other kayaks, like my Compass Duo.

I sure hope this kayak is worth it, because I've never even had a chance to put a demo in the water.

–Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:59 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We ordered our Duo in July of 2020 from the only Hobie dealer in Illinois, with an original delivery date of August 2020. We received our Compass Duo in January of 2021. It is very hard to kayak in Illinois in the winter, however we did get a 2021 Compass which was nicer (with the 180 drive). While the wait was frustrating and long, the PK (perfect kayak) is a blast to pedal and sail and we have logged 24 voyages on 22 different lakes so far this season. Bottom line wait is long but worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just to close out the discussion, I took delivery of my Compass Duo on October 18, 2021. I had arranged my spring and summer schedule to never be out of town for more than a week, so that I could take delivery. But, I took a longer trip in September, which led to the dealer having to hold the kayak for a month since it arrived a week after I left town. Since I ordered it in mid-January 2021, the delivery process took 9 months.

Of course, I’ve missed the whole season. I did drop it in the water to test and I’ll post the problem I discovered in the MirageDrive part of this forum.

FYI