Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:58 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thinking of putting a deposit on an OB this week for delivery last week in June. Would I be safe to say it will come with a seal already in place? It is shipping directly from Hobie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Yes... long time now.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:55 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jason_M wrote:
BionicWings wrote:
Installed hatch kit, good seal, however water continues to enter. After looking more closely at the forward part of the hatch, where the bungees attach the hatch to the hull, this area is the lowest point of the channel around the lid, water pools there. Best guess is it enters through the holes the bungees run thru. Going to try and seal this with marine goop and see if this improves it. The amount of water entering is not critical, but every day I end up with 2 or 3 cups of water in the hull, it’s a daily pita to vacuum it out.
I’ll update with results after I’ll give it a shot and re-test for leakage.

The template that came with my front hatch gasket was way off, too. Here's a picture of the marker line around the template compared to where the gasket actually needed to be. It was far enough off that I could tell when I first installed it that it wasn't going to match up with the lip of the front hatch. I measured everything out myself and made a new template. That template put the gasket where it is now in the picture. With the gasket there, it's super watertight. I even tried today to spray all around the edge from different angles with a water hose nozzle set to jet. Not a single drop got in. Seriously, not a drop. That does wonders for my confidence going out into rough water. 8)

I had the exact same issue, the template is way off, and needed to have the dealer order another kit. I'll have to remove this rubber and super glue, hopefully it is easy to take off.

I was watching the YT video with Morgan and I followed his steps exactly, but it looks like he ignored the template or his is inaccurate as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just picked up a (new to me) 2019 outback, and the front hatch has issues sealing... how do I find out if I have one that is pre/post the new seal? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

Has to have the newer seal if a 2019 built after late November 2018.

mmiller wrote:
Announced to dealers today (11/28/2018). We added a lid gasket to all 2019 Outback production.

Quote:
For 2019 Outbacks built prior to this production change, we created a kit:

72020119 2019 Hobie Outback Front Hatch Gasket Kit. This is at NO Cost.

The kit will include instructions on how to install the gasket. We also have an instructional video that covers the installation. This video will also be accessible on the Outback product support page on Hobie.com on Friday.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked to solve this issue.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)