Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

- Add a nylon loop to each rear seat attachment tab for easier grasp and pull for both attaching and unattaching the rear seat tabs.
- Unscrew and reverse the side handle with the paddle loop sewn in and add a nylon pull loop. This puts the knob on the outside of the boat. Still not easy to connect your paddle but you can disconnect it quickly if needed vs. trying to reach near the underside of your seat.
- Add a nylon loop to each of the seat back adjustments where you click to the seat. This will give you a lot more freedom of seat back adjustment.
I’d attach photos if i knew how.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'd love to see these mods. I don't think you can attach photos directly, but you can link to them if you have Instagram or something like that.

I have been trying to figure out a way to put some kind of pouch or something in the front of the seat to hold small items/tools/etc so I don't have to flip around to get to the crate when I need something. I'm sure there is some kind of commercially available pouch that would just attach to the front of the seat, but I can't seem to find one. Thoughts on that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I attach one of these to the side of the seat, waterproof and I can see what I want to get. https://www.amazon.com/Syncwire-Waterpr ... 270&sr=8-8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I also use this cup attachment from Rack Attack attached to the rail grove, as I like my drink container straight up and away from my hand rest. Yakattack MultiMount Cup Holder, Track Mount

Cut out a hole in a nice large dog ball and slip it over the unused seat steering attachment, very comfortable for your non-steering hand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:52 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

First thing I did was put a thin bungee cord thru the front carry handle to hold it against the deck to stop it rattling in the wind when upside down on the car rack. Stretches out when using the handles for carrying.
Using the cup holder to store fishing tools, two added holes in the base allows pliers and hook removal tool to sit inside the elastic on the inboard side and the lip grips fit perfectly horizontally in the cup holder slots on the outboard side.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:13 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I don’t think I’ve used the bungees on the rear seat bracket since about the second or third time i took the lynx out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Out of necessity, I added some cable ties to the rear hold down for the seat. I also added an H bar on the front using two of the four holes on the bow. The bar was designed for the newer Outback and had to be cut down to fit.