Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just bought my new PA14 360 this last March, and on the first day of me test driving it, it turned in each direction perfectly but after that I noticed it wouldn’t turn in one direction fully and especially if I’m in the wind it won’t barely turn at all. I’ve watched the Rudder Adjustment video on YouTube to fix the issue and then I did exactly what they showed it and still doesn’t fix it the issue. Once I straightened everything out, handles, rudder, rudder plate and tied it and screwed it (just as the video shows) it still doesn’t turn all the way in one direction, it just stops short of hitting the side of the kayak (which isn’t a full turn, I’ve notice a full turn in the hobie has to hit the side of the kayak with the rudder to be a full turn in one direction) Then I followed a forum saying I should have to compensate the rudder plate and keep it a little turned to one direction to even it out if it doesn’t turn all the way in that direction, worked to some degree but then the other way wouldn’t turn all the way. I can’t tell if it has to do with my handles as well because I feel like both of them will not straighten all the way and I hear a tight cable noise when I try to straighten them out. That’s the best explanation I can give being a new owner. Im really hesitant to bring it in to the store where I purchased it because the older gentleman that owns the store had a very hard time just installing the few handles and screwed a couple of the handles up already so I don’t believe he would know to fix this issue, might just have too if no one can answer this forum. I can also send pictures as well through email if anyone is curios of the turning radius from the rudder. Hope to hear from someone soon -Scott.