Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Went out of Redondo Beach with three Outback friends this past weekend. I have to say that I was really pleased with the way my Passport performed. We were out on the water all day and put on somewhere between 8-9 miles for the day. Swell was in the 3-4 foot range with 6 second intervals at times but the Passport really held it's own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUgenSWVG4

The way the Passport maneuvers is the really impressive thing to me. Really quick to react. Size makes it easy to load up by myself on my Prius as well. I was wondering how my stock fins measured up against the Turbo fins and it was informative/telling to see it in action. My buddy with the Turbos really had to work less than I did while I was constantly pedaling, I could see him let up a bit so he didn't leave me behind. A Turbo fin upgrade is going to be in my future for sure.

Only tiny downer for the day was all my fault. When I pulled my Passport out of the water onto the dock, my rudder caught the dock's edge and sheared off the sacraficial plastic "cotter" pin. It broke as designed so it only ended up being a $6 lesson. Just have to wait a few days until my replacement arrives. Note...a number 2 pencil fits in the hole really well. :)

My fish report for the day...5 Macs, 3 Calicos, 2 Rockfish, 1 Lizard.