Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

my i14T was bought in September 2016, only used for less then 20 times, when not in use, it is folding up and pack inside its carrying bag, store inside my garage, I was planed to use it in the weekend, before taking it on the water, I inflated it to check if everything is in working order, at first it has inflated nicely so I leave it inflated overnight to see if it would leak over a period of time, only to find it is complete deflated the next morning, after some inspection I found there is a internal seam of the floor board busted under the bow fairing cover, the floor board narrow into a tub and turning upward to create the bow shape, the busted seam is right at the side of the bow, both size tubes were leaking slowing a long way ago, but now it is leaking more quickly, I can't locate the leaking spot for the side tubes.

my Hobie is out of warranty by almost a year, now I need to repair it myself, located dealer said it would need to cut open the bow fairing cover, patch the seam, then repair the cover.

anyone has similar experiences of repairing the same spot? the seam has top skin overlapping with the bottom skin, then a narrow strip of material to cover the seam, now the overlapping part is separated. the busted seam can see from the bulge drain valve.