Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:25 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello all,

I'm thinking about getting the i11s, and want to be able to take it on a city bus to and from the lake. Can the bag and pump be rolled up and stowed on the kayak while on the water? I don't want to leave anything on shore. Ideally I'd also like have an H-Crate behind the seat as I'd be fishing.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

hey there - as an i11s owner, i am pretty sure you would find it pretty difficult to bring the boat, along with any fishing gear, onto a city bus.
i don't want to say it isn't possible, but it's gonna be far from easy. the bag has a stiffener of some kind in the floor of it that would make it hard to roll up, as well as the wheels, which are substantial.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i don't think you could haul all this gear, along with a crate, onto a city bus of any kind by yourself. if there were two people, maybe...

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

As a matter of fact it is possible, but not with too much other gear on the boat...I took my previous boat (an Advanced Elements inflatable with a bunch of gear in it's storage bag) up and down NYC subway station steps, onto a Metro North train and paddled across the Hudson at Hastings-on-Hudson, and then the reverse back to my apartment in Chelsea. Not for the weak, but doable. I also modded a baby trailer to tow it inflated behind my bike to the launch ramp 4 blocks away on the Hudson, where I can lock up the bike & trailer before launching.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:31 am 
Site Rank - Captain

ha, well done! yes, like you said, possible without much other gear. op mentioned wanting to fish.

i do think that, minus any fishing gear, it would be possible. definitely not for the weak!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:03 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I think you should watch ebay for one of these...