Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:07 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I've been using a KampRite Original tent cot for beach camping with my TI for some years now. I generally sleep on the beach, but I have support boards which allow me to sleep on the TI when necessary. I've slept on the cot on the TI quite a few times now and found it quite comfortable, sturdy, and quick to set up.
Here's a video with details.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:03 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Crazy idea for camping platform that could be used as a hakka while folded.

https://www.amazon.com/DNA-Motoring-TTC-HARD-015-Tri-Fold-Tonneau/dp/B07JCLB58S/

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 7:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

s9utct wrote:
Crazy idea for camping platform that could be used as a hakka while folded.

https://www.amazon.com/DNA-Motoring-TTC-HARD-015-Tri-Fold-Tonneau/dp/B07JCLB58S/

Specs state it weighs 66 lbs. That's quite heavy compared to other materials in that price range, such as composite sandwich panels.
https://www.rockwestcomposites.com/shop/plates-panels-angles/sandwich-panels or
https://www.carbon-core.com/products/laminated-panels/composite/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:09 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Quote:
Betabrainz: we should collaborate ! Given you are in AU and keen on same, will be good to share learnings. I am the admin of the NSW Hobie Island Club if you want to look me up, I can't seem to send you a PM through the forum

Quote:
OZtrail Ultimate All Weather Queen Stretcher

Quote:
Had a look into this but it's pretty heavy at 26kg. If I went the Helinox cot stretcher route it would be 3+3kg, +~3kg for the tent so 9kg. Obviously cost is a big difference though

My apologies for not being on the forum for years and thanks for your comradeship.

Yeh the Snowys ultimate stretcher turned out to be far too heavy. I changed to 1.5 kg Naturehike $160 copies of the heleox stretches but used without the leg extensions.

I pitched my single self standing 1.2kg hike tent on top to the stretcher but extended the stretcher sides length wise for the full length of the tent - you can see similar stretcher extensions on stingy’s image below.

When 2 of us are camping, twin stretchers are used with a twin tent. I tried this out for a few trips on the Gippsland lakes with the intention of revisiting my childhood sailing in the Whitsundays.

Sadly the lakes have been infected with blue green algae for the last 18 months so no sailing.

To fill in time I decided to build a twin cockpit on top of the rear crossmember so two can sit side by side, raised out of the water a bit. With the stretchers cross ways on channel Al, the twin cockpit makes a good deck.
There is room enough between the twin seats to slip into a makeshift seat to paddle the front mirage. This would be seldom used as the solar panel, charger, battery and water snake combo gives me about 30 km at about 8km/hr with no sunlight and all day quiet motoring on a windless sunny day.

When in the process of moulding a front dodger around the cockpit to protect us when sailing in the Victorian winter, our TI was stolen.

I’m currently too broke to replace it and too busy to earn the extra money for it - In the middle of a post doc with at least another year’s work and an excellent but perhaps a too eager a supervisor; but I live in hope!
And I stare at all red TIs !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:02 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

How’s the camp setup going BetaBrainz? Can you turn on your pm setting (I can’t seem to message you directly thru the forum) or let me know your email/Facebook handle - would love to chat to see how your plans are going. My kamprite x2 setup is still sitting where I left it (have been busy prepping for a 4wd adventure), but keen to get back to it in the new year. I’d love to bring the boat down to Wilson’s prom area as seeing skull rock has always been on my bucket list !