Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:11 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

While looking for a used Adventure Island I came across a 2010 Adenture kayak that didn't have akas, amas, or sail. I did have a sail and mast that's smaller than an AI. From the photos it appears like it's set up to easily be "upgraded" to an AI, but just wanted to be certain.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

save the money and buy an AI. it would be cheaper, trust me. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:29 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

touayang84 wrote:
save the money and buy an AI. it would be cheaper, trust me. lol.

how much did you spend upgrading one.
It's odd that Hobie doesn't show an "adventure" kayak available for sale on the webpage, only the AI.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sadly Hobie have dropped the Adventure kayak from their range. I guess they just weren’t selling enough?
Shame because it was my favourite single kayak -fast, good paddler and the best sailing kayak due to its daggerboard slot.
You can convert any Adventure kayak up to the 2014 models (pre CT seat) to an AI as they all had the molded in hardware. The 2015+ models with the CT Vantage seats were renamed Revolution 16 and did not come with the molded in hardware.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:39 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have a 2012 AI that I will be selling soon. In some ways I prefer it to the 2019 I bought. I know it's faster under pedal power and noticeably lighter. I'm in North Carolina if that's convenient for you. I seriously doubt you can buy a Revo 16, amas, aka bars, mast base, sail, etc., for what you can buy used or even new.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:43 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Tom Kirkman wrote:
I have a 2012 AI that I will be selling soon. In some ways I prefer it to the 2019 I bought. I know it's faster under pedal power and noticeably lighter. I'm in North Carolina if that's convenient for you. I seriously doubt you can buy a Revo 16, amas, aka bars, mast base, sail, etc., for what you can buy used or even new.

This is true. I'm currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. Any good sailing spots you might recommend?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:55 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

stringy wrote:
Sadly Hobie have dropped the Adventure kayak from their range. I guess they just weren’t selling enough?
Shame because it was my favourite single kayak -fast, good paddler and the best sailing kayak due to its daggerboard slot.
You can convert any Adventure kayak up to the 2014 models (pre CT seat) to an AI as they all had the molded in hardware. The 2015+ models with the CT Vantage seats were renamed Revolution 16 and did not come with the molded in hardware.

Good stuff. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:56 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Tom Kirkman wrote:

Send me pics and asking price. I'm in Virginia Beach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

touayang84 wrote:
Tom Kirkman wrote:

This is true. I'm currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. Any good sailing spots you might recommend?
touayang84 wrote:
Tom Kirkman wrote:

You're right in the middle of a ton of good spots. Lakewise you got Waccamaw. Santee Cooper further south. And hundreds and hundreds of miles of sound and ocean sailing within maybe an hour or so.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:46 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hijacked