Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am looking for the center of the boat with Amas folded in? Anyone know the balancing point? I know I can move my cart back and forth to find about where it is but I am configuring my trailer set up this weekend and it can be cumbersome to try that solo.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:24 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

You mentioned amas in. How about the mast? Mast up, laying on the boat, or totally removed? Would I be correct in assuming without spinnaker or passengers? I'd be happy to measure the balance point of my 2018 if you can answer these questions.

2018 Tandem Island -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Haviland wrote:
I am looking for the center of the boat with Amas folded in? Anyone know the balancing point? I know I can move my cart back and forth to find about where it is but I am configuring my trailer set up this weekend and it can be cumbersome to try that solo.

Thanks!

I don't believe you need to worry about it at all. A TI doesn't weigh enough to make any real difference to the balance on a trailer, assuming the axle is more or less near the rear Miragedrive slot. For example, I added a 20# outboard and steel mounting bracket up next to the bow, and it made ZERO difference to the balance of the trailer.

You should check your local laws regarding rear overhang behind the axle, but even this is no real problem provided you have taillights far enough back (In my area, taillights must be within 40" of the rear of the hull, so I carry a light board on the rear cargo area). In any case, showing a day-glo orange cover on thew rudder is a good idea...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks!!

Would be mast down. Was looking for approximate center. I have added a yakima box to the tongue (built a rack for it) and was debating on moving the axels up to reduce the tongue weight. I did a test pull on the hwy as is and it pulled pretty good. Decided to leave the axels were there at.

I think Texas is 3 ft for the lights but I have a red flag attached and Im pretty close the the 3 ft. My lights are fixed at the end of the trailer and I can move axels with out the lights moving.

Appreciate it!!