Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:31 am 
Site Admin

360 MirageDrive Adjustments

Proper cable adjustments are required to prevent premature wear and damage to the 360 MirageDrive. Adjustment of the Global Adjustment Screw and the Idler cable will keep the pedaling loads even on all cables.

The Global Adjustment is accessed through a hole in the bottom of the drive and is for tensioning the internal lines inside the Drive. The Idler Cable connected the left and right pedal and is a stainless steel cable coated in protective black plastic tube housing.

A loose idler cable can cause the forward internal cables to be overloaded. This may also cause a clicking sound from inside the drive. View this short how-to video for proper tensioning adjustments.

A quick how-to for adjusting the MirageDrive 360:

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Matt,

Thank you for posting this information. Any chance you can talk Hobie into offering maintenance classes for us owners? Love to learn everything I can to care for my 360 drive. I have taken it out 6 times and now it is creaking. One peddle is adjusted proper but the other side seems a bit tight going by your video and I’m still not sure how to adjust as the video did not really explain what adjustment tightens and which loosens. John

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Might be cool to have an online session featuring Phil Dow (designer).

I'll make a suggestion.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Matt,
That's a GREAT idea, Please keep us posted on when that session could happen. Plus, all of the Hobie Service Reps. should be part of the session. I love my 360 drive, and want many years of trouble-free use out of it. So again, please keep us posted on when that online, 360 maintenance session will take place.

Thank you!!!

Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:25 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2022 hobie PA 14 with the 360 mirage drive. For some reason it started making a clanking noise and rubbing on one side of the drive. The part that rubs is where the drive cable comes inside the housing for the drive teeth. The plastic housing seems like it is where it’s supposed to be, but it’s like the whole drive needs to shift to the right. Any ideas what I can do to adjust my pedal position so it does not rub anymore? It only needs like 1/4 an inch but I don’t know what the adjustment is for that or if there is one. I have adjusted global, screws in front and behind cable housing, and my drive tension cables are the right resistance. I have adjusted everything I can think of and it still rubs and clanks. It has actually rubbed down the little fin type molding on the gray composite structural piece of the drive so it is almost flat on a small section. I have photos but can’t figure out how to submit them.