Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have just purchased a new pro angler 12 360 and pick it up next month. I am (as you would imagine) very excited and working on accessorizing it. One question i have is do I want a fishing rod holder on the H-rail by my side? The only purpose that i would use it for is to have a place to put the rod once i have netted a fish (I will be bass fishing in a small lake) so that i have a place to put the rod down while i remove the hook/weigh the fish/take a picture and release it. I can't see myself trolling, and it seems like it would be convenient to be able to place it in the holder rather than my lap while i take care of the fish.

Thanks for your advice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:55 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

lerwkew wrote:
I have just purchased a new pro angler 12 360 and pick it up next month. I am (as you would imagine) very excited and working on accessorizing it. One question i have is do I want a fishing rod holder on the H-rail by my side? The only purpose that i would use it for is to have a place to put the rod once i have netted a fish (I will be bass fishing in a small lake) so that i have a place to put the rod down while i remove the hook/weigh the fish/take a picture and release it. I can't see myself trolling, and it seems like it would be convenient to be able to place it in the holder rather than my lap while i take care of the fish.

Thanks for your advice.

If you are simply wanting to add a place to hold a rod but aren't trolling, I would suggest you use the molded in rod holders behind the seat on either side, as I've found that rods stored on the Hrail just end up getting in the way if you are fishing. If you do use the rear molded-in rod holders I recommend that you add rod holder extensions to the molded in holder so that the rods are more secure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

lerwkew, I am a big fan of Scotty brand rod holders! I installed one one each side using the Hobie H rail Scotty Deck/Side Mount 2021. They work great! Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.ca/Scotty-Baitcaster- ... oogcana-20

http://www.austinkayak.com/Hobie-HRail- ... 3643P.html