Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I've bought TF81 from Martin Buechler in Switzerland and it is currently in Malaysia on a container ship due to reach me in Adelaide, South Australia around November 11th. I believe there are 2 other TFs in Oz somewhere. I saw one advertised late 2014 in Sydney on the Gumtree site but missed it, I think it might have been TF75(?). I've tried emailing a residual email address I found somewhere to no avail.
I've notified Dan Ketterman of my purchase as he tries to track ownership of this very special, small group worldwide. I would like to help Dan track down any TFs in Australia, and exchange any useful info as a local "user group".
I'll be sailing TF81 with the Goolwa Regatta Yacht Club on the River Murray. Conditions there are ideal, fresh water, lake size, exposed to steady Southern Ocean breezes 10-25 knots. Nothing south except Antarctica!
If you have a TF in Oz, or know someone who has, or have sold one in the past, please post me so we can connect the dots.
Finally I'd like to acknowledge the fantastic support and professionalism shown me by both Martin and Dan in the process of buying, selling, international banking, coaching, documenting, checking photos, packaging, and transporting TF81 for me.
Paul Smith. Hindmarsh Island, SA.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Dan has been quite helpful to me since I purchased TF#170 a couple years ago. The TriFoiler remains the world's best operational foiling sailboat bar none, even two decades out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi Paul, and congrats on your new to arrive TF!
There's a strong Hobie scene on facebook here in OZ which may help you connect the dots. It's amazing who knows who around the country!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthEa ... ieSailing/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hobievic/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HobieClassAustralia/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Many thanks Matt, I've posted a shorter version on those Facebook groups to see if it turns anything up.