Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2020 revolution 11
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:56 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was wondering if anyone could point me to what the black cover is on the bottom of a 2020 revo 11
Is this a transducer cover? If so what would be a decent finder to install. Just mainly using it for finding depths and structure. I wont be fishing anything deeper than 5' if that helps(bay and marshes) and the occasional surf fishing in the summer in se texas

Post subject: Re: 2020 revolution 11
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Not sure but I don’t think the cover you are referring to is for a transducer. If it’s in the seat area then it’s the Venturi drain for water that collects under the seat. Totally useless in my opinion. I plugged mine up on both of my Revolutions.
~JOE~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ahhh. That makes total sense now that you explained it, that's what it is. Do you have a fish finder on your revo? If you how did you install it if you dont mind me asking. I've seen a few videos and one was installed on the rudder. But I feel like that would create alot of interference with what its actually reading

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:43 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I have a Lowrance Elite 4X installed. The transducer is mounted in the front hatch. It shoots the signal through the hull. I shmooshed the transducer into a wad of electricians duct seal then zip tied the transducer to the sail mast. Works fine.

My locator is a low priced unit. No down scan , side scan, etc. A more expensive units transducer might not be able to shoot through the hull but I don’t know.

I thought about mounting it to the rudder but decided to try inside the hatch first. It worked so there was no need for the rudder mount.

My Revo 13 has a Lowrance ready port under the yak for the transducer but my Revo 11 doesn’t.

~JOE~