Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hobie 21SC wanted
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:21 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Interested in Hobie 21 sport cruiser in good condition in the midwest. I'm in Minneapolis. Please email at douganderson@solutionsandstrengths.com

Post subject: Re: Hobie 21SC wanted
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:24 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Dang...I'm not quite ready to sell, but I saw a couple of recent posts looking for a SC.

The question is, how BAD do you want one?

I have the Hobie 21SC of your dreams. A FULLY LOADED , (plus spares), but I'm located near Cocoa Beach Florida.

I was in the process of prepping the boat to sell before the pandemic hit...and then the bad weather... I still have some work to do. Overall the boat is in excellent condition, and I'm not giving it away. However, if you were to choose this boat this is what you'd be getting, and it's an all or nothing deal to anyone that steps up to the plate.

1997 Hobie 21 Sports Cruiser and trailer, in excellent condition, needs nothing, and will be ‘ready to sail’. The boat also includes all of the upgrades that Hobie ever offered for this boat, and some it didn't. These upgrades are extremely rare and hard to find, but I have them and they will be included with the boat. Also included is a spare set of sails that were refurbished by Sail Care, and a spare set of used, but in great condition front and rear tramps. Comes with a trailer that has four new rollers, new LED lights, new tires, and freshly packed bearings with new Buddy Bearing injectors.

Also included:
Like New Jennaker
New Tent
New Cooler
New Righting buckets
New Lines, ALL of them
New Diamond wires and turnbuckles
New Trap shock cords
New Tires on Trailer
New Buddy Bearing injectors
New LED trailer lights
New Rollers on Trailer (4 each)
Boat cover (Custom Fit)
Arriba FX6 Hiking Stick
Cheata Motor mount, refurbished, and never mounted
Carbon pole (unfinished righting pole project.)

Also includes these Spares:
Spare sails, refurbished by Sail Care, still crisp and never used since receiving them back.
Main tramp (used Spare, but like new)
Front tramp (used Spare)
Center Board springs
EPO rudder (one only...you'll need to find another)
Cabin door
Boom
Dolphin Striker

I believe, retail for this boat, in this condition, with a trailer, including all the added options and upgrades that Hobie ever offered for the boat would be around $9600. Make me a decent offer. I also need a little time to finish what I've started...so a next week delivery won't happen. I will tell you I already have a LOT of hours in this, I just need some motivation to finish.

In detail:
Recent changes to the boat: I’m doing the hard work so you won’t have to. This boat will be ready to sail when you get it home. The only thing you will need to add, will be your family, ice and beer.

Hulls and cabin
• OEM gelcoat. Finished with hybrid ceramic coating. (Note: there have been small patches and repairs done to the gel coat over the years, but overall the gel coat in in GREAT condition)
• New graphics for cabin
• Custom graphics on hulls
New lines.
• Main sheet line
• Main Halyard, Crystaline double braid over Vectran, for ultra low stretch, and creep
• Downhaul line
• Jib Halyard
• Tramp lacing front
• Tramp lacing back
• Wing lacing
• Boom Topping Lift
• Trap shock cords
• New Diamond wires and turnbuckles

Refurbished the OEM main Tramp (white). (There is also a spare)
Refurbished the Wings (white) with new lacing.

Upgrades:

Adjustable trapeze lines
Added roller clam cleats with comfortable handles.(2 per side)

Arriba Hiking stick
FX6 model. Has a cork end grip, and extends from 63″ to 118″.

Boat cover
Made of Sunbrella grade material, this is a FULL cover that’s custom fit just for the Hobie 21 Sports Cruiser. Yep, that’s right, this boat has a set of pajamas. Good luck finding a set of these today, and expect to pay $1500 if you could. Great, used condition.

Cheetah Motor mount
Used, and refurbished, but never mounted on this boat. Another hard to find item.

Cooler
NEW, Coastal Xtreme 70qt Marine cooler

Jennaker
In excellent, like new condition. Original Elliot Pattison roller furling Jennaker (Gennaker if you prefer). Comes complete with furler, mast tang, all rigging, lines and pulleys. This is another extremely RARE and hard to find upgrade. Probably $2000+ when new.

Mast Stepper
Allows easy raising and lowering the mast

Righting bags/ buckets
New, have two different sizes, neither were ever used.

Righting pole
A DIY special. I have a carbon pole, waiting for you to fabricate a mounting attachment. Use your own body weight and you're ready to go, or add a pulley at the end of the pole and lift with the righting bags.

Tent
New OEM, just like it left the factory. ULTRA RARE…You NEVER see these anymore. Go camping out on the water.

Trailer
• Galvanized trailer
• New tires
• New rollers
• New lights
• New Tie down straps
• Freshly packed BUDDY bearings

Trapeze key hole system
This trapeze system uses a key ball to connect the trapeze wire to the harness. Hence there are no hooks that have the ability to clip onto a wire or shroud during a capsize or accident, or to scratch the side of the boat. I will also throw in a mold so you can make your own buckle.

Spare extra odds and ends

A spare set of used, fully restored sails, both the main sail and jib. They were sent off for cleaning, repair AND were re-coated by SailCare.com Sails are in ‘crisp’, good as new, unused condition since restoration.
• Spare set of Rudder Springs. Try to find these…
• Have a bunch of pins, shackles and assorted hardware.
• A used spare boom
- A used spare dolphin striker bracket
• A used spare cabin door
• Paddles (2)
- EPO rudder blade (1)
Power Grip tool for tensioning the Mail Halyard (new)
• I have a few, like new trapeze harness/butt buckets in different sizes that I’ll throw in
• A custom mold so you can make your own Trapeze key hole buckles. Just add epoxy resin and carbon fiber.

Spare Used Main tramp (was 2 months new when removed from another Sports Cruiser) 
Spare Used Front tramp, professionally refurbished and had the OEM mesh replaced with white

I'm not sure how to post a photo on here anymore :shock: but if you PM so we can exchange email, I'll send you a few photo's.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:00 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

There is one on san francisco craigslist right now

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/d/auburn-hobie-21-sports-cruser/7140712203.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a question.
may I send a message or email...?
I am new to the site, but not new to hobie sailing...
Thanks,
Colby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:36 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

how much did you want to spend?
I live in Dixon, IL
Colby