Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:14 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I know this is the hobie island classifieds section but mainly only hobie island users use the torqeedo. Looking to buy a torqeedo ultralight 403 preferably with the larger battery or possibly a bixpy. I found a good deal on a torqeedo 403 with two batteries locally but the seller decided keep it. If no luck I will settle for a 2.5-3.5 hp motor locally

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:11 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I’ve been following the bixby for a while, have not heard much about people using them on the rather large TI’s. Seems a little on the small side in my opinion. I thought about putting two of them on my TI, then once at location using them for diving, (with the swimming option, we are divers).
But never got any feedback from other TI owners, so I chickened out.
We had twin Honda 2.3’s on our TI’s for a long time, we liked that setup for offshore in the keys. The area is huge, it was nice having a 100 mile plus per day range in the keys especially.
FE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:26 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm just looking for something as a backup for when the wind dies so I won't be stuck pedaling back. I could be wrong but I think more will be for sale soon since torqeedo plans to release a newer version that's way more powerful than the torqeedo 403 sometime before summer. It could be a game changer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I have two bixpys and use them all the time now! (Double up on my paddle board) On my TI- its a good back up when I am headed home with no wind. Ill place the bixpy in the front drive. By itself, it doesn't push the TI too fast, however if you peddle just a little with it.... Quite a difference. I do recommend it based on its versatility and price. Never ran out of juice and always out 2-3 hours.

Check Facebook marketplace, Chesapeake VA. Someone has one listed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Moedy wrote:
I know this is the hobie island classifieds section but mainly only hobie island users use the torqeedo. Looking to buy a torqeedo ultralight 403 preferably with the larger battery or possibly a bixpy. I found a good deal on a torqeedo 403 with two batteries locally but the seller decided keep it. If no luck I will settle for a 2.5-3.5 hp motor locally

If I was looking to buy something used like this, I'd check Facebook Marketplace, Criagslist, OfferUp (app), LetGo (app), and maybe even eBay. You can probably find a pretty good deal.