Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Matt, I spoke with you about this in the past. I have a couple Outbacks, the oldest being from 05'. The 05' is actually my favorite of the two. But I have had a little water intrusion over the past couple years, but I decided it isn't at the drive (though might be wrong?) I can never seem to locate it for certain. I have the replacement kit that was sent out to me but I have yet to install it. I was told to make sure it wasn't leaking before I install it. I'm concerned about the longer bolts and the plastic stripping out... Should I just take this into Mariner Sails in Dallas (an authorized rep.)? Just curious, the yak was purchased in another state, but I typically go to Mariner Sails now when I need a part, etc... They seem to be pretty good with the assistance!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Certainly Mariner can handle the installation of the kit. Use a soapy water and internal air pressure test to find any leaks.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Vlaude,
My leak was hard to find too (see my "Happy owner" post). Even though I was getting a couple gallons in just an hour on flat water the leak very hard to "find" on dry land. At first, I was sure it must be coming from somewhere else. I think the drivewell leak may open up as you are pedaling and stressing the area.
Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks guys I think I'll just take it in... It's been going on for a year or so and would rather be safe than sorry I guess... I'm just a little concerned on whether to install the new locks if its ok now, from different stories I've heard about them stripping out. Oh well... I will say I am a happy Hobie owner and customer service has been great and the product even better... Thanks again, I'm gonna give Mariner Sails a call...