Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

For some reason when I exported it to word, checked the spelling and brought it back, I can still see it, but it did not post.... here is what I said:

First off, I have been following this forum for a little over a month (about as long as it took me to get my ordered Oasis). Hobie was a little slow in getting a Kayak to the east Coast, but the finally did get it to me.

My dealer, Pamlico Outfitters (paddlepamlico.com) was informed on two different occasions that it was being shipped, and both times it was not. Well each time, I could hear in their tone that they were as disappointed as I was.

I work in Technical Support and have to deal with customers on a daily basis, and wanted to tell you folks that this team went above and beyond!

When they called me to let me know it was in, we decided to go and get it that day. They took it outside, placed it on an elevated rack, and explained each feature or point of interest to me. They were not in a hurry even though it was close to closing time. They took the time to explain things to my wife, who is not as comfortable on the water as I am. She asked some intersting questions and each was met with respect and understanding, and what I considered perfect answers. They even explained a feature that I was not aware of with the Mirage drives, about how Hobie modified the attachement points to reduce the strain on the fittings where the cable is attached.

As we were getting our PFDs, I said that I also wanted to get a plug in cart, and they said that since I had to wait so long and they felt bad, they made me a great deal on it, they gave it to me. My experinece with customer service is that you treat customers the way you want to be treated, and I feel that they did just that.

The last point I want to bring up is they went out to the car with us, and looked at the car, the soft rack that I ordered, and found the best way to mount and protect our new Kayak. They even found where an extra securing strap would be better on the stern, so they went in and got one. It was a very nice Thule QuickDraw that they threw in as well.

I cannot say enough about my first experience with this team of caring individuals and their concern.

By the way, they offer a varity of Kayaking events that we are considering.

We plan on "getting her wet" this weekend and will report back the performance of our Oasis.

Tom and Cora

Last edited by TFBZ on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:01 am 
Site Admin

No complaints?

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That's currently my job. :?