Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

For anyone in-state, or planning a visit to Florida in the near future, check out this awesome new book entitled, "Florida’s Fabulous Canoe and Kayak Trail Guide" by Tim Ohr and Pete Carmichael. It has just come out (2004) with fantastic color photos, detailed maps, launch sites, and directions to many of the best kayaking, canoeing, camping, and fishing trails throughout the State. It really has to be seen to be believed. It sells for $19.95. I got a copy here in Tallahassee at my local kayak dealer, the Wilderness Way, but I imagine that B&N or BAM will also be stocking it. I assumed that Amazon would also have it, but it must be too new, since I don’t see it listed as yet. It covers both salt and FW areas throughout the entire state.

Here is the publication info and ISBN in case you have trouble finding a copy locally.

As an example of the quality of the maps and graphics, here is a pic of the Terra Ceia Bay Trail that is on the southeast side of Tampa Bay, not far from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.