Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks Hobie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:52 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm in a Quest, she is in a Maui. We've been yakking about 3 months along the creeks and rivers of the Florida Panhandle. Both boats perform as advertised or better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey cd,
Welcome to the site! How do you like your Quest in terms of its speed, turning radius, and handling characteristics? Seems like a great boat. I just got my wife a Sport to go along with my Outback. BTW, where in the Panhandle are you located?
Dick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My Quest handles like a dream. Stability is great, speed and tracking are not an issue as the boat seems to know where to go and when to get there. Turning radius took a few practice strokes to get it tighter (more of a user issue than a boat issue). We are located in western Gadsden county, which seems to be a really good location for getting to water. About 45 minutes from the Chipola, 30 from the Florida River and an hour or so from the Aucilla/St. Marks. Spent last Saturday on the Florida River. Water was a little high, but that is the best time on this river. Hoping for a lightening free weekend this weekend..... probably heading over to the Chipola again..... putting in near Bear Paw and floating/fishing down.
Also, saw your post on mid-ship handles. Great idea and will be adding them to the Quest soon. The molded side hand grips are ok, but not quite enough for a good grip when trying to hoist it up on top of the truck.
Thanks for the reply, and if you know of any other good places to yak, please pass them on.