Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:25 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi,
I would by the evolve Torqeedo motor. But I can not believe about the price. I live in Germany. Torqeedo is here in Germany. The price in Germany for the new Torqeedo ultralight 403 for the most kayaks is 2250 US Dollars.
The Price of the Hobie Kit of Torqeedo here in Germany is 3075 US Dollars!!! This can not be serious. Thats the price of a used boat with a motor. Hobie want to earn more than 800 US Dollars with the dealers. If I would have a hard Hobie-Kayak I could buy the ultralight 403 direct from Torqeedo. But because I have the inflatable i14t, I can not mount it. I have to buy the Hobie-Kit. Thats not fair and I can not believe this. I would by this evolve. But if someone ask me about the price I payed for this, he would think I must be stupid. What do you think? Is this your kind of customer service? :evil:

Matti from Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

i paid a € 1.50 for a bottle of cola this afternoon. thats well over 2 US dollars. then again i pay everthing in euros so there is no need to compare to the dollar. unless im off to the USA like everyone else who goes to buy clothes, ipads, eVolve motor kits, etc. its the same with everything. im sure Hobie is not trying to rip you off. they sell a torqeedo motor that they have to build specifically for hobie kayaks...of course the price will be more. it is also well worth it. both companies provide the best products and very good customer service and guarantee services.

plus look at torqeedo's kayak mount...i dont know about you, but i dont need a erector set hanging off the back of my kayak.