Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:02 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just had to search all of Long Island by area code (hobie is ripping off good dealers by only showing two on any one search and not say all of New York) to have several conversations with dealers who don't know the product, don't know the changes to the kayaks and don't believe you when your describing a picture from the web site or the catalogue right in front of you.

I should not have to go to one of two shops because they are closest to me. One shop is open " when you catch us in", and the other who does'nt know fishing kayaks from non in their line insisted that "noone on Long Island has a tandem right now". I just came from 2 shops that had several. One guy said to me when i told him I was looking for a mirage tandem, give me your number I'm closing. I just wanted to know if he carried them. Two shops were helpful, and one isn't allowed to sell me the boat I want because of his proximity to other dealers. This is unfare to your vendors and your custumers.

If anyone wants to know why someone would drive past untold numbers of dealers, spend gas, time and food money to travel 2 plus hours to New Jersey to buy from the folks at Kayak Fishing Stuff, who can't sell the boat I'm looking for by the way, it's because 1) they have an answering machine, 2) they call you back, 3)when you do speak with someone they are friendly and either know what they are talking about or find out from someone who does. They are businessmen.

I asked the one helpful dealer on the phone if she knew that hobie was ripping her off by not allowing a larger number of choices to pop up, and she said she did not.

For a little good press, the helpful dealers were Atlantic Outfitters, and Empire Kayaks. Atlantic Outfitters actually went out of his way to let me demo a boat he knew I couldn't buy from him. Do you think I'm going to give my money to one of the other closest dealers to me that were no help at all? Maybe if I catch them in.

Sorry but when people make you feel like an idiot for trying to give them $2200 of your money somethings wrong. I should not have to catch them in.

I love your product, but you've got good dealers not allowed to sell products and bad dealers driving customers away. Where is the good sense in that?

Tuff Sunday
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

At least you have options. Here in Alaska, the closest place to get one or look at one is about 1500 miles away. I think Anchorage would be a good market for Hobie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:00 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Sorry. Iwas just frustrated.