Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have been scouring Craigslist for months looking for a good deal on a recent-year Revolution in the New England area. There has been nothing, or close to nothing. Occasionally one would pop up in Virginia, Texas or California, but few and far between. The search got active a couple days ago and currently there are a dozen ads on Craigslist for Revos in various parts of the country. I wonder why things got so active this week?

-bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Captain

It is after the 4th of July. As summer ends you'll see even more of all type boats for sale. After Labor day lots and lots of boats for sale and as Christmas nears the prices start dropping until March or so when they start selling again.

Duncan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Here on the west coast in California,yes it is very far from your location, we have about half a dozen sights that are all about kayak fishing.
Now I don't know what your are planing on using your Revo for, but just search "Kayak fishing forums in New England" become a member in some in your area and they will pop up pretty often for normally a great price.
You can get them fully loaded for fishing or just the seat, paddle, and PFD for a great great price.
Especially if you are part of a sight that has very little B.S. on it and people are like a huge family, which most kayak fishing sights are, you just post that is what your looking for and you will for sure get some response back!!!

I hope this helps for you Bob!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am a member of several such sites. There haven't been any Revolutions, at any price, on the three main ones this year. I just keep watching. I may try dealers with leftovers when the season slows a bit to get a couple hundred off a new boat with full warranty.

-bob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just bought a Revo 13 off Craigslist two weeks ago. I took a friend over to a kayak store so he could look at the Coosas and I started looking at the Hobies. I've always wanted a Hobie but just couldn't rationalize the price. I rarely see them on Craigslist but took a chance and lo and behold, there's a Revo less than a mile from me for sale. The guy had used it twice, then had some medical issues. He had kept it in his living room the entire time (kind of weird, but hey, whatev) and it is in great shape. Came with PFD and Sidekick AMAs for $1300. Out of about 10 kayaks, I have only bought one new. Good luck in your search. It's just a matter of time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm one of the folks who just sold off my Revo 13. Bought a Revo 11 in June and despite my thoughts that I'd still use the '13, I just didn't. Hated to see it not get any use, so I put it up for sale. First person who called drove down 300 miles two days later and took it home.

Joe