Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2014 Oasis seat issue
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi,
We recently purchased a 2014 Oasis. I switched my seat bottom out for a I-comfort seat. Since the change, my seat will unlatch itself and slip out. This weekend I was able to diagnose that it's the pedaling motion that was causing the issue. I happened to be near my dealer, so I brought it to him. No help. The pedaling motion pushes back and forth on the wing tabs, and they rotate counter clockwise until the unlatch. Any suggestions? It's driving me crazy to have to reinstall my seat 4 times an hour or more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

That is a really odd one. Never seen the twist locks budge.

Under the velcro? That should help pin it in place. Are you turning to full lock position?

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:04 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Matt,
I have the I-Comfort seat above the seat back Velcro strip. I pulled the wings off so that it would be correct. The tabs do go to full clockwise lock position when I turn them. It's the oddest thing. I have tried to put some rubber grommets between the post and the Velcro, to try and put some tension on it, and that worked for a short time, but then started doing the same thing. I'm going to restore it to it's former configuration and try that. I don't know what else to do. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:22 am 
Site Admin

Install the i Comfort below the original pad? Keep the velcro over the top of the twist lock levers to prohibit rotation.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We don't have the I-comfort seat pad, but we do have a 1.5 inch foam cushion (we cut up and old rubber coated pool floatie), which is cut to the same shape as the seat bottom, then placed under the seat bottom. We then put both the seat bottom and the foam into one of those mesh clothing bags (actually ours is a lobster catch bag that we got at the local scuba place (divers direct in Key West). Then we just cinched the bag shut, that was a couple years ago and it is still going strong, holds everything together amazingly well, and the mesh allows the area to drain nicely.
If you continue having problems you could omit attaching the I-comfort at the back, and just contain it in a mesh bag instead. The mesh bag also prevents the bottom seat pad from bunching up when you slide into the seat (that always drove me nuts).
Just a suggestion if you don't have any luck.
Bob