Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks just wanted to make sure it's the same size I used on my haswing motor. I watched another video and they said to use 1 1/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:51 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I personally like to go smaller and Dremel out if it's small so you have a tight fit. You want no play . For the ones I made with the cassette plug a Dremel out A piece of nylon so that was on the bottom of the cassette plug with a hose clamp under that. I've been used the collar piece that comes with the trolling motor to put up top and then you can put pressure down against the cassette plug so that it tightens up the steering some. If you're following the video of the guy that made one with the watersnake for his PA 14 make sure that you measure it because if you go by his specs he has you cut the shaft so short that the Motorhead since about 2 inches off the cassette plug and then if you're in rough water or anything it's just coming right over hit in the motor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:05 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Lethal cast ,
Are you done installing your PWM. I'm thinking of trying that PWM from wirelesstrollingpro. Torqeedo ultralight is wrongly package currently I think. I hate to be trapped by their expensive less capacity battery setup that makes you buy another battery which can cost you the prize of another Hobie kayak.

So I like to try improving my 30 lb minnkota setup installed at rear handle pa14.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:15 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ya I finished it and forgot to update. I cut the little handle down so the end sits flush with the motor then bolted it down and sealed it with marine silicone. I took the top white piece of the motor case and Dremeled out the white rib that would be for holding the handle down while it's in place. I marked the four holes for the board on it in a good place and drilled them then used a bolt and nut in the holes first then the pwm and thenot one final bolt. The pwm from wireless is awesome and Leon goes out of his way to make sure you get everything going. I was out for 14 hours fishing with nothing but the motor and when I got home I had 38% left on a 55 ah deep cycle agm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:16 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks for the update. I ordered the pot switch for $79 plus shipping. I ordered the one with 3 switches.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

what model young prop did you order and did it fit ? I am looking to order one for my watersnake t-24 motor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'll have to check which one I ordered but it definitely doesn't fit and requires a fair amount of Dremel work and a spacer around the shaft. I'll post all the info when I get home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey could you give me an ideal on the parts used to make this bad ass bracket! I have the trolling motor on the way and I cut two pieces on plastic board to put them together, now the flat bar, is it aluminum and what size is it ? And the shaft for the marage drive locking, I take, it it stainless steel ,how long is it and if you could show me some diagrams on the brackets that would be awesome bro.
I have a 2010 pro angler and can't afford to buy another yak so I'm making this one do everything Posible for me since I have a bad back and I'm disabled ,but I love to fish so what ever I have to do to keep me on the water I will do.
Thanks. Joe Arroyo
Austin,Texas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

BTW, the Water Snake and the Sevylor are the same motor.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:37 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Did you cut down the shaft on the trolling motor at all ? If so how much did you cut off ?also where did the handle go ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Could someone suggest a battery and charger/maintainer for the watersnake 24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:08 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was wondering how hard it was to make the bracket for the water snake 24. I am not very handy with that sort of thing. Do you have a detailed parts list and directions how to make it? Thank you for your help. Dan Turner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:40 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Dan, it's not incredibly hard just time consuming because of how exact the tolerances have to be for it to work correctly. Everything can be purchased from a local ace hardware except the starboard used for the base plates. Pm for a list of parts and measurements if you're still interested in making one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi LethalCast, cool setup, couple questions.

Are you using the cable version of the controller? If so, you have a wire running from the battery to the controller?

Assuming yes, do you put your 55ah battery right behind your seat or did you put it inside the hull? Do you attach the controller to your seat or mount it on a pedestal on the side of your Outback?

A pic of the final setup would be really helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I use that same Watersnake motor for my trolling, only instead of making a bracket, I attached it to the Mirage Drive cassette insert that comes with it the boat. Perfect fit!! Locks it into place also, and with a quick release and when it is time to beach/exit the boat :-)