Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

virgin hobie guy here,, just recieved a 2008 hank parker outback edition. it has a pre-v1 ( im assuming, the sprockets dont look live v1 or v2) mirage drive in working order but the fins are really worn looks like sun damage, the rutter is broken in half from a wind storm pushing it down a hill into the lake front, all the bungee cord needs to be replaced, and ther is no seat. can anyone point me i the right direction to aquire these parts?

Thanks for your help!!

p.s. i will post a pic of the mirage drive for id if someone is willing to help me identify what i have, and for the Hobie service guys my serial number is CCMA26416308 ( if you can look it up in the database, that would be awsome, i would like to know its origin) :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

Just FYI, this post should be in the kayak section, not the sailboat section (and presumably Matt M. will move it).

You can order parts from your local Hobie dealer (use the "Find a Dealer" function at the top of the page).

From the serial #, Hobie Cat might be able to tell you which dealer it was sold to, but probably not to the person it was sold to originally. Also, your serial number doesn't make sense. The fourth character from the right should be a letter, not a number, and the third from the right should be either a 7 or 8 if the last two numbers are 08.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

thanks for your help, the fourth character from the right is definitly a 6, the fifth from the right could be an "I" and the third from the right could be an "8". i had to do the pencil rub on paper to get the SN, the color of the kyak is sand so it is very difficult to view the SN.