Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Recently purchased one. Used it on my Outback and Quest. Love it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Could someone please tell me the width from the outside of one wheel to the outside of the other wheel. Thnx.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:27 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I measured mine at 26 and 3/4 inches from outside to outside. The wheel diameter is 9 and 3/4 inches, just about the same diameter as the wheels on a heavy duty cart.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I love this cart, but I had the same problems with it that one of the other posters had. I noticed on a recent trip that two of the five bolts that hold the plastic bearings in the wheel had come loose. I called my ACK dealer but they aren't very familiar with this cart as they don't sell it in store. They asked me to take pictures and email them. They sent this off to Hobie and had me a new wheel sent under warranty. In the meantime I tightened up the five bolt/nut assemblies on the other wheel. When the new wheel came it it snapped onto the spring-loaded wheel retaining mechanism on the axle as it is supposed to, but the old wheel didn't snap on. I called Hobie and found out that the early versions of this cart came with bolts that were possibly just slightly too short and nylock nuts that have a tendency to work loose. My tightening of the bolt/nut assemblies pulled the plastic "hubcap" of the wheel in too far and wouldn't let the retaining mechanism snap in. Hobie said they made a design change to convert the nylock nuts to acorn nuts (to prevent over-tightening which results in the wheel not snapping securely in place on the axle) and slightly lengthening the bolts. They also install blue Loctite on the nuts now. Also, they offer for $5/wheel a complete parts kits of the plastic "hubcap" and five of each of the plastic wheel bearings and stainless bolt/acorn nut assemblies. The part # for that Fold and Stow Cart repair kit is 80047014, and it looks like it has to come direct from Hobie as Google didn't turn up any matches. If you have one of the old original Fold and Stow Carts without the acorn nuts, you're eventually either going to need to: 1) install blue Loctite on all the original nylock nuts, or 2) purchase this kit. After using the Loctite, be sure to confirm that the wheel will snap onto the axle before the Loctite dries (about 10 minute set time). The nice thing about the kit is the acorn nuts and slightly longer bolts should make over-tightening impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My Revo 13 stays in Florida, and I am here 4 months a year. Purchased a Fold and Stow last year. I like it, except for the ball and shock cord system that is supposed to keep it in the scuppers. When I have the revo in the back of my truck, I put the cart in place and flip the ball to the side. Just sliding the boat out causes the ball to snap back in place and the cart falls out. I have been thinking about adding a hook to the leg of the cart that has a fixed cap, and hooking it to the bungee that is in the back well. Has anyone had this problem, or come up with a solution? It is almost, needs to be fine tuned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:51 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I currently have a C-Tug with Sandtrakz wheels I used with my previous kayak. Would it be possible to use the Sandtrakz wheels on this? I can't tell from any vids or pics what the mechanism is for the wheels going on and off and axle size. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

“Do not try and bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon.”