Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just got a 2017 Revo 13 and boy am I disappointed. I already have a 2013 Revo 13 which I like. When I bought it, the dealer mentioned the issue with the forward/reverse pulls breaking, but did not mention the fin issue. I had no way off knowing there was already a V1 and V2 on the 180. By the way as Hobie has already designated the previous drive as V2, it doesn't really or automatically tell you the V2 on the 180 mirage drive is because of problems with the 180 drive.
So back to my problem. No turbo fins because the 180 - V1 doesn't have them or can't take them. Reputable companies like Austin Kayak are advertising turbo upgrade fins as useable on V1 and V2. This is not true. There are not turbo fins for the V1 that I can find. Without turbo fins the 180 drive is really slow. I mean slower than short and wide paddle SOT's. I didn't spend $2,000+ to get a slower boat. I put in my other - original Mirage drive and the difference is huge. What I am reading on all the kayak fishing furums is that Hobie is too busy making drives for new boats and people are unable to fix this issue. I can't even sell a V1 because nobody wants it. I need a fix ASAP not next year

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Our Parts and Accessories department received stock (as of this week) on the V1 to V2 Turbo Fin Upgrade kits. You can place an order through your dealer and they'll get to you. Part number 81501112 includes everything you need to convert from V1 to V2 and upgrade to turbos, for the same price as the straight turbo fin kit:

2 x V2 MD 180 turbo fins
2 x V2 MD 180 turbo fin masts
2 x V2 MD 180 booms
2 x Clevis pins
2 x Split rings
2 x Adjuster screw
1 x Detailed V1 to V2 instructions

Additionally, if you've got the V1 shifter tendons, we're offering an upgrade to V2 shifter tendons at no charge - so long as you have your dealer file a claim.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My dealer WAS Sunrise Mountain Sports in Livermore Ca. There building was sold so they Closed. So, how do I get those V2 shifters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Contact the next closest dealer.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)