Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Good morning all. I used to pedal a revo 13, then I sold it, and moved. I am back in my home state of NY now and I have recently obtained an Adventure 16. This thing is LOOOONNNGGG. Anyway, I haven't paddled it yet, but I have two questions.

I looked up the serial number and it ends in J506. Am I to believe that this boat was made in October 2006? It looks almost new so I am pretty excited.

Also, it came with a Feel Free Kingfisher Seat. There are 4 attachment points for this seat. Two go to the clips in front of you, and two go somewhere behind you. I can't find anywhere to attach the two that go behind me. Has anyone hooked up a seat like this without drilling holes? I guess I could just clip them to the milk crate when I have everything rigged.

Anyway, thank you for having me, and I hope to be a solid contributor. I may have been the best fisherman in my town with my old revo and if I can get halfway back to where I was I will be excited.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:53 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Welcome VJ.
I use a 4 strap mount aftermarket seat on my ‘14 Adventure and just clip the two rear straps into the cargo bungee pad eyes. My seat came with small webbing loops that go through the padeye and the snap buckle just clips into these. You could always swap out the original with the newer Hobie XL padeye if it’s a tight fit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks. That's what I was thinking of doing, but they're way too small. I may just clip to the Milk Crate.