Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:50 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

While customizing the sail furling kit for my Oasis I used open pully blocks mounted where the port paddle bungee goes. I knew this would prevent use of the bungee but already planned on adding the PA Paddle Clip Assembly to hold the paddle - I really don’t like the bungees. I also have an H-rail on the starboard side which makes that bungee a little hard to secure. After installing the paddle clips on the port side, and liking them so much, I put another set on the other side. They work perfectly.

Peter

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:58 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

The standard paddle notch and bungee arrangement is definitely a pain to operate. I have been using the paddle more (for exercise) and installed "extender tabs" on the forward paddle notch for a quick, stable paddle rest without fighting the bungee. The rear paddle support is the grab handle. It's easy to just drop the paddle in for a quick paddle break -- looks like this:

When the paddle is not in use, the bungee secures it. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

plfinch wrote:
While customizing the sail furling kit for my Oasis I used open pully blocks mounted where the port paddle bungee goes. I knew this would prevent use of the bungee but already planned on adding the PA Paddle Clip Assembly to hold the paddle - I really don’t like the bungees. I also have an H-rail on the starboard side which makes that bungee a little hard to secure. After installing the paddle clips on the port side, and liking them so much, I put another set on the other side. They work perfectly.

Peter

ImageImage

What is the compass and where from please

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:53 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ritchie XP-99W.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LVJB92

I absolutely love it. And in hundreds of miles of kayaking that position on my round hatch has never been an issue or inconvenience.

Peter