Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:58 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Is there a way of connecting the AMA sidekick central pole so that you could fairly easily unscrew it and remove the central pole and then replace it when you want. Mine was installed by a dealer and I can't get the brackets to unscrew. Maybe they overtightened the bracket attachment? I'd like to put the brackets six inches further back, rather than in front of the livewell location. If I'm fly fishing I don't need the livewell but want the stabilizers to be able to stand up and cast. So I could put the stabilizer 6 inches further back where it would otherwise block the livewell. If I'm baitfishing, I need the livewell, but then I don't need the stabilizing effect of the AMA because I stay sitting down. So then I could just take out the central pole to make room for the livewell.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

They should be installed with 2 rubber “well nuts” which are a nut incased in rubber. As the screw is turned the nut is pulled in and the rubber compresses and becomes wider than the hole so it can’t come out. Have you tried an electric drill with screw head to loosen them? Maybe your dealer used loctite. If you do get them out you could buy a bunch of nuts and as they get torn up just replace them. I imagine they should last a few remove-replace cycles.