Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Friend of mine, upon cleaning up the back yard where her son lived and after he had passed away, gave me a kayak that was in his backyard which I know had been there for a number of years. It is a Hobie Mirage but the serial number has got me stumped. It seems to be missing 4 or 5 digits. Here is the number I got from the underside of the Hull: CCM U 0727. All the numbers are pretty deeply engraved so if there were any more numbers I would see them or at the very least be able to see part of them if they had been worn off or something. I went back and looked a number of times and those are the only numbers. Maybe someone could help me with this so I can figure out what year and model of Mirage this is. I can't buy the pedal assembly or anything else for it unless I know what year it is. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:09 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

While turning the hatch cover 180*, I found #`s under the rear hatch. (but don`t tell anyone)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Don't tell anyone....heh heh. I kind of already looked there but not real closely so will look again....thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:31 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I meant to say under the outer ring of the hatch on top the boat, not inside the hull. https://www.hobie.com/articles/boat-ser ... 1530463388 (this is true for my 2016 revo 11)