Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:48 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am trying to find someone or someplace that will repair a hole in my kayak. It was stored in a garage over the winter and micevate a hole in it. I live in Barrington , Illinois.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Mhgrn28941 wrote:
I am trying to find someone or someplace that will repair a hole in my kayak. It was stored in a garage over the winter and micevate a hole in it. I live in Barrington , Illinois.

You could do it yourself depending on severity. I think Hobie can send you color matches chunks to use for the patch. Harbor Freight has inexpensive plastic welding gear and heatguns. Lots of videos online.

Would love to see a picture of a mouse hole in a plastic boat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:35 pm 
Hey I think depending on the severity of the hole, you could probably get a DIY job done but just to be sure, it might be best to post up a picture to get a better idea from people here :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:00 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

If the mouse hole is large and accessible from the inside of your kayak, you could reinforce the inside of your patch with a piece of metal window screen. to reduce the chances of the patch popping out if it gets hit.

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/in ... #msg159314 describes how a guy filled a large outfitting hole in the hull of his kayak using a piece of kayak plastic which I sent him, backed up with window screen, and plastic welded in place. If you can get a piece of kayak plastic, you could clean up the edges of your mouse hole, cut a piece of kayak plastic to fit the hole, and plastic weld it in place.