Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have researched everything related to this topic and have found a few hits, but no good solutions.

My goal is to add either adventure island amas/akas or aftermarket amas/akas to my oasis so that I have trampolines.

Issue is getting the adventure island amas/akas set up from the dealer is probably going to be around $1200-1500. I’m still waiting on my dealer to give me the quote with shipping.

Second option was to order the large Finn kayak outriggers, but I spoke to the manufacturer and he said he’s too busy to make them right now. Also, Finn kayaks is out of Australia so shipping is a pain for both parties.

It seems like the only good option is to fork over all the money for hobie adventure island parts. I also was thinking about getting two sidekick Ama kits and running a bar laterally from aka to aka, then I could possibly have a small haka or trampoline? I would think hobie could corner the market because I haven’t seen many aftermarket Ama/outrigger kits for kayaks that are similar to the AI or TI.

Anyone have the AI parts I am looking for or any better ideas?

Please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!