Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The paddles that came with our odyssey tandem kayak have water inside the blades, and I can't find any way to remove it. I've seen other posts that talk about drilling out and draining, but I'm hoping for a solution that's less invasive. Is there an easier way to get the water out? I've tried shaking and standing them blade up, but neither of those options work.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

darehauf wrote:
The paddles that came with our odyssey tandem kayak have water inside the blades, and I can't find any way to remove it. I've seen other posts that talk about drilling out and draining, but I'm hoping for a solution that's less invasive. Is there an easier way to get the water out? I've tried shaking and standing them blade up, but neither of those options work.

You need to work out where its getting in or it will just come back. Dont know about hobie paddles but the blade to shaft connection is often suspect. Drilling a tiny hole and laying paddle horizontal with a weight hanging creating a low spot is best way of removing it (as you have probably read) then filling hole with a dab of epoxy. However you still need seal the original leak

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:58 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you!