Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:09 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Just a quick look at the Boonedox Bed Extender.... its not cheap like the $40- $60 versions out there (I had one for 4 years) but, it is def built better than them too.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:39 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

Nice video! If you strap your wheels on before you unload the boat, the process would even be easier. Your bed extender looks sturdy, but it doesn't appear to be height - adjustable. On the other hand, the way it arcs up is nice, so it doesn't drag when crossing dips. 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:11 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Roadrunner wrote:
Nice video! If you strap your wheels on before you unload the boat, the process would even be easier. Your bed extender looks sturdy, but it doesn't appear to be height - adjustable. On the other hand, the way it arcs up is nice, so it doesn't drag when crossing dips. 8)

It is fully adjustable with a locking pin and holes that run up the arch.
Yea, I should try that with the wheels haha, I was actually thinking of it when I was editing the video.

Thanks !!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:57 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Is that a foam block you use to protect the rudder when you are initially downloading the yak from the truck?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:37 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Puto wrote:
Is that a foam block you use to protect the rudder when you are initially downloading the yak from the truck?

It is a plastic snap on piece made by Hobie just for the Kayak.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:13 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The product is good, although it's extremely difficult to install. The problem is that the people at this company are AWFUL to customers. I ordered a small box of bolts and knuckle hardware from them. The first problem was that they charged $43 to ship a small box from North Carolina to my house in CT. That's absurd. The next issue is that when I needed to return a couple of the parts, my email to customer service was ignored for a week. When they finally did reply, this is what I was told:

"To be honest I would try to sell what you do not need because I am going to explain our return policy. You send back the parts that you do not need and once they arrive we inspect them; upon inspection we issue a refund of the product price minus a $25.00 restocking fee"

So yeah - good product, but terrible to install, and the company doesn't seem to care about the customers. I'd buy something else if I could do it all again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I really like mine. I have no experience with their customer service. But I find installation to be very easy. What was your issue with installation?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I don't think that they are the only company with a restocking fee.

I found their customer service very willing to help when I was shopping for my Landing Gear for my PA. Never had to return anything though, but they were willing to spend quite a bit of time with me when I was having some installation questions.

I would buy from them again without hesitation.