Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am gonna be purchasing one or the other in another week. Gotta be out of town next week. I crappie fish 75% of the time, bass fish 25%. Maybe changing once I get my boat. Might fish 50/50. Anyway, I went and finally sat in the two boats today. Liked the roominess of the PA. The Outback felt a little tight, and I’m a small dude. 5’7” - 150. My concern is that I don’t have the opportunity to really fish out of these before buying. I hate to buy the Outback now, and wish I’d spent the little extra up front to go with the PA. But on the other hand, I’ve messaged 2 folks who have had both, and they have gone to the Outback as it is “more maneuverable and easier to load/unload for a small guy.”

At the end of the day, I lean toward the PA, but don’t know if I’d be just as satisfied with the Outback. The PA sits higher in the water, the Outback lower in the water. I am not sure which I’d like best, and test driving isn’t really an option for me as I know no one who has them, and there’s no Yak stores offering any. I know to each individual, there is a choice and a preference, but. . .

Give me your thoughts if you have owned both.

Thanks a bunch.