Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Really loving my new passport 12 kayak and a cool " yak attack " accessory - DoubleHeader with Dual RotoGrip Paddle Holder (y its a mouthful)

While I find this new double grip side holder super awesome I have some concerns. There is definitely some flex on the track on my Passport 12 whenever I grab the paddle with this new accessory (only once on water with it).

I really love this accessory, and the ease it gives me with all the other things you have to worry about coming in quick on shallow, swampy or thick grass shores.

Should I be more concerned with flex on the track? I don't need track for fishing accessories- but I not only like the other options I have with track but also don't want to leave some gaping screw holes if this pulls my track out.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

With the light duty application of a paddle in this holder, you shouldn't have any issues with track failure. Slight flex when pushing the paddle into or pulling it out of this holder doesn't concern me. However, the long lever arms sticking outboard on this product concerns me a bit. If it were to get forced down by something (i.e. torqued during loading/transport, stepped on or fallen on), I'd be afraid of damaging the boat and/or track. Maybe have a look at a similar RAM product offered by Hobie - the RAM Roller Ball Paddle Clip, pn 72023086 (sold in set of 2). One would install to the integrated track on your passport and the second one could install to a short 2.43" RAM Tough Track (pn 72023080) atop the gunnel, aft of the seat.