Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

For those with the newer PA's and Outback's...

I wanted to ask if anyone has used these 'nut-serts' for mounting anything besides a power pole or trolling motor.Also I supposed this would be a good time to ask what thread type is used... 10-24?

In any case, I was thinking that it'd be slick to install something like the chute found in the Anchor Wizard kit in order to manage an anchor and anchor line. That seems like it'd be pretty manageable aside from making sure the anchor doesn't interfere with the rudder. Unsure about the angle the chute can be mounted, but I figured using a small piece of HDPE board fastened to the power pole would provide a good mounting surface to put fasteners into (to avoid putting holes in the kayak).

Just wanted to brainstorm with y'all. I can't find any other threads here, or videos or Reddit post that discuss ideas. I know it's kinda an awkward spot way back there. Power poles seem pretty cool, I personally think I'd want to stick the trolley/anchor pin combo.

Actually, while typing this I may knocked an idea loose... Everyone running solo has trouble getting the scupper carts installed it seems. I've seen the bungee mod. What if the power pole inserts could be used for some kinda 'kickstand' to prop up the stern momentarily while the you set the scupper cart?

All the best to you guys.