Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:13 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I was helping a couple of friends decide which Hobie Kayaks to buy after they got all befuddled searching the Hobie website. Some of the kayak details are scattered about and I did not see a good comparison table anywhere, though there is always the "compare models" feature. I created a summary table for them and by the time it was done I had half the kayak line in it, so I went ahead and added the rest of them. Man, things have come a long way since that first lone Mirage kayak was introduced!

I have attached the table as a PDF. Note that it is legal size (8 1/2" x 14") to fit on one page. You will need to zoom in if viewing on a display. If you see any errors or omissions just comment or PM me and I will make corrections. I will provide a new version for 2023 once the new model details start showing up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PQbVFmAVY4cfkIM4mDz3f75c6Z7dV4-/view?usp=sharing

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Nice work!

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Very nice and good to see them all in 1 place Thank you!

BTW Lynx seat cap is 275lbs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

fletchb wrote:

Though I believe that to be the case, I could not find that figure on the Hobie website or in the manual. Where is the reference to 275 lbs? Or is this same seat used in another kayak model that does specify that limit?

Also... When the Lynx came out the press releases touted it as "stackable". I list it that way but the Hobie website makes no mention of Lynx stackability, but it does explicitly list that as a feature for the two Passport 10.5 models. Is the Lynx still considered stackable and does Hobie document that anywhere? I see folks stacking them and suspect this is just an accidental omission on Hobie's website.

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:11 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

plfinch wrote:
fletchb wrote:

Though I believe that to be the case, I could not find that figure on the Hobie website or in the manual. Where is the reference to 275 lbs? Or is this same seat used in another kayak model that does specify that limit?

Also... When the Lynx came out the press releases touted it as "stackable". I list it that way but the Hobie website makes no mention of Lynx stackability, but it does explicitly list that as a feature for the two Passport 10.5 models. Is the Lynx still considered stackable and does Hobie document that anywhere? I see folks stacking them and suspect this is just an accidental omission on Hobie's website.

Peter

I can't answer you on the stackable ? but as far as the seat goes, you are right on both parts. I have a Lynx and it says 275 on the very back bar of the seat. The compass duo has almost the same seat and it also says the same on the back bar of the seat.

I "believe" the Lynx are stackable because my dealer has the on the showroom floor that way and he was very good about making me aware of Hobie rules for storage- showing me a warped compass that was stored improperly.

BTW do you know the "storage rules" for the TI? I am considering saving up for one of those but don't have the garage space to store it totally inside.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:04 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

OK, thanks for that, will update seat specs.

As to your TI question, that is a much bigger topic than for this thread. Suggest you review threads in or post to the Hobie Islands - Transportation / Storage forum.

Peter