Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Retrofitting an elite seat to a Hobie oasis tandem.

If someone has knowledge of this I would greatly appreciate any help.

I am wanting to buy a new 2014 Hobie oasis tandem I would like to put a elite seat in it like everybody is doing to there outback or other Hobie kayak. When I look at The pictures of the two kayaks online the oasis and the outback the seat area they look different, and that might be why no one is putting videos out there of retro for the oasis.
I would appreciate anybody's help with putting one of these seats or a similar one on this.

Also I think it should be known I'm getting a screaming deal from a dealer for this 2014 it is brand-new and he's giving me the 2017 Mirage Drive also.( you know the one with the new reverse)

I have also called customer service at the elite seat manufacturer and they are not very helpful with anything that is not their product .
I like the oasis because it cuts through the water better than the other tandems I have looked at with the Mirage Drive the Kayak is going to be used mostly for my wife and I exploring places we go up the West Coast a lot ,I'll probably always have a troll line out when I'm in the ocean. I will also do some solo fishing with it .
Thank you for your time .

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:39 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just curious, Did you do any seat mods on the tandem? I am tired of having a cold wet butt.