Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an older model Hobie Mirage Sport 2014, which I bought used last year as a demo model. Not crazy about the seat, and I don't believe a upright seat is available, but even if it was, probably don't want to pay the price of one judging by other Hobie accessory prices. So far I've made or installed everything I needed from an anchor system, to a mini downrigger, to a fish finder mount, rod holder, caddy, and made some adjustments to add a hummingbird transducer even though the recess is set up for a Lowrance.

Anyway, has anyone made a DIY upright seat to replace the original seat? It seems I could make one out of schedule 80 1 inch PVC, some 't's etc. and be able to install and remove easily. Just curious if anyone else has, and I might be able to get some other ideas. I have the two scupper holes I could slide in two legs of the seat and a recess in the back. I have a lot of experience building things with PVC, and it can be very strong if engineered right.

Anybody?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm excited I think I should be able to mount some kind of stadium seat like the following to a PVC frame using velcro straps.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

You do realize that you posted this in the catamaran section instead of the kayak section.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

CrumBum wrote:
You do realize that you posted this in the catamaran section instead of the kayak section.

Oops! :oops:

Can a mod put it in the right section or can I delete and post in the right area?