Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am having a hard time deciding between the new Dura wrapped board and the standard eclipse. Has anyone tested the Dura out? I like the feel of the seadeck matts, not sure how "grippy" the Dura would feel or if I could even add matts for appearance. I'd be worried about my shoes on it.

I feel like the Dura would be more cumbersome to fix if scratched/ripped, however it is marketed as more durable.

seems as if I could beef the standard eclipse up with rail tape & utilize suction mounts/etc for fishing fun. It just looks so sleek.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

I think you've asked the right questions as well as answered them pretty well too! The Dura will handle the usual bumps and impacts better than the regular ones. As you mentioned, deep scrapes or big holes will be harder to repair back to the original look though since the padding can be damaged. The normal boards, with a rail kit and some proper care, will likely be a better fit for you. It is very difficult to really damage them. You may see some light scrapes or chips if you drop it, but it takes a lot to crack the fiberglass. They look better too. You can always add some SeaDeck to the front if you want more grip. There is also a product called hexatraction that looks like a great option and will maintain the look of the board too. I have not used it myself, but reports are great.