Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trailer hardware width
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:02 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just put deposit down on a new T2. I'm going to pick it up this weekend with the trailer I already have for my Hobie 14. The trailer is long enough and wide enough for the bigger boat. The roller hardware on the trailer does need to be adjusted though. As far as I can tell the official Beam of the Hobie 14 is 7'8". However, measuring my hardware on the trailer it is only 7' wide even. I'm guessing the beam is measured at the top of the hulls at the very widest point? The T2 has a beam of 8' according to the stats.

How wide is the T2 where it sits on the trailer? I'd like to adjust my hardware at home before driving to the dealer (500 miles away). I'll take tools incase it's not perfect, but if I could get the thing adjusted, or close before I leave that would be helpful.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:43 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well, I got the T2 and made adjustments at the dealer. Just in case anyone is looking in the future here is what I have. The outside of my front rollers as set at 84" (7 feet even). They have angle rollers sticking up on the sides that go a few inches wider. The rear rollers I have 4 inches wider at 88".