Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi all,
Just gauging interest level, I have an 18SX that I put together kind of on a whim, and proceeded not to use for so long the local sailing club asked me to remove it from the premises so actual sailors could have the space. Ouch! But they were right.

Kinda hate to sell it, but logic would dictate doing so.

Anyway: 1990(?) 18SX, good newer Doyle sails, solid hulls, Magnum wings (none when I bought it, had to scavenge), new trap wires. good solid vinyl tramp, good crossbars, rudder blades could use refinishing, daggers have bene refinished, furler, Murray's downhaul still in the package, nice new bags for sails & boards, trailer is solid but could use hubs I'm sure. Cat Trax. It all needs some TLC but I believe everything is good and solid and ready to go as soon as I replace the mast base casting, which I have in hand.
White hulls, white tramp, white sails.

I think I have about $3k in everything, and would like to get most of that back, but am open to ideas. Boat is located in Sarasota, FL. Please let me know if anybody has interest. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am in the market. Sarasota is a bit far for me…but I get to L Weir, FL occasionally. If I can convince the wife to visit Sarasota I’ll let you know. Did you say it has a trailer?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:16 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

ChucktownSC wrote:
I am in the market. Sarasota is a bit far for me…but I get to L Weir, FL occasionally. If I can convince the wife to visit Sarasota I’ll let you know. Did you say it has a trailer?

Yes, it’s on a trailer with solid frame, fwd cradles & rear rollers, and a nice aluminum diamond plate storage box. Doesn’t have a full-size sail box though. And I had taken the lights off since I was just going to use it for launch & storage at the local club. Need to figure out some lighting, and like I said I would recommend new hubs before much highway driving. It went 5-6 miles last week with no issue, but I had someone following me so I didnt get busted for lights or plate. Wheels & tires are brand new.

Do let me know if you are going to be in the area. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:40 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I sent you a direct message. I would like more info. Please contact/call me at your convenience at the number provided in the PersonalMessage—Thanks!