Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:44 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi All,

I have created a Google Group for email alerts and news for Hobie 18 Sailors. The name of the group is called Hobie 18 NA.

Before you all say it's been done before..............I know....kinda. This is how I see this thing working.

This Google Group is formed to communicate Activities and Information related to Hobie 18s in North America. If you know of other H18 sailors or people who would enjoy being on this distribution list please let me know. I am interested in hearing activities or news of events where Hobie 18s are represented.

Information sent on our "Email Net" would or could be related to topics such as: -Future 2014 Hobie 18 North Americans, - H18 Results or news from The 2013 Texas North Americans, Hobie 18 news like the Puerto Penasco Pinata Regatta turnout, invitations to Regattas where Hobie 18s are wanted and cultivated, Boats that need rescued from disrepair or backyards (Remember that Hobie doesn't make these boats anymore).

This is not a place to market or sell boats or parts. It is a place to share our sport with like minded people and get more boats on the water. The Hobie Forum is still the best and only place for all other issues. I just find that many of the 18 Sailors are not regularly on the Forum or see news that may be important for future events. The Google group may not be for everyone and you can opt out at anytime.

Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to be added. (We already have 40 people) Others have been invited but the invitation often ends up in a Spam files :oops: . Again......this tool is not for discussions or items for sale. It is for invitations, news and fun information regarding the boat we all love and sail. I would like to add managers to this account around North America so that we can add or promote activity in different regions. (let me know if you are suited)

Cheers,

Scott
H18 Knotty Passion

Fleet 259 Central Coast California

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

HI all, Thank you all for your emails. We now have about 60 Hobie 18 owners on our Gmail Google Group (Hobie 18 NA).

Email me or PM me if you would like to be added.

Cheers, Scott [email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:30 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi folks,

We have about 70 people in this group now. Let me know if we can add you.