Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:01 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Not an H18 sailor myself, but to add to the hype the Catamaran Racing Association of Michigan is seeing more and more H18s start to trickle in. I expect to see H18 fleets at a few of our events this year (we require 4 boats for a fleet), and probably by next year it will be a stable fleet with an elected fleet captain.

2010 NACRA Infusion
2004 F18 Hobie Tiger - SOLD
Hobie 16 - BREAKPOINT - SOLD

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:10 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Glad to hear it Tiberius....
The H18 fleet is growing again. Our last regatta in Div 4 saw 13 H18's on the line and we were still missing a few boats... If everyone showed up we'd probably see 16-17 boats out! We have several new owners of boats and a couple of more looking for boats as well.
As Scott mentions, the H18 NA's will be at Huntington Lake in CA this year August 6-10, with the womens and Youth H16 events just prior. It will be a great event with a large fleet in attendance. If you want to come and charter a boat, let us know, either Scott Erwin or myself. I have also been talking with someone in Florida about hosting the H18's there in either 2019 or 2020. Some other developments are in the works as well, more on that later. Let's build up the east coast fleets again! If you need help, ask.... there are a few great boats for sale across the county, let's keep them sailing! There are a few key people that are willing to help if help is needed....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Up visiting in Colorado, saw a rogue 18 with the jib up at a lake by the house and went to say hi, turns out it was their first time rigging the boat and needed a little help. Gave them the H18 crash course in preventative maintenance and did a once over on the boat. Was a non red line 86 with the strongest hulls I've ever seen, seriously even up on the bow the sides were still like concrete.

Just goes to show there are still good boats out there and people willing to learn on their own. Viva H18's